WESMAR is a leading-edge technology company that has built significant brand name recognition in the marine products industry since 1965. The pioneering success of WESMAR has been driven by constant innovation and technological breakthroughs in three major business segments: Sonar, Vessel Stabilizers, and Bow Thrusters.
In each product category, WESMAR is a recognized industry leader for advanced technology, quality, and customer service.
WESMAR's history is an amazing story of technology, innovation, and successful equipment design. WESMAR pioneered sonar for the fishing industry by inventing the first sonar utilizing solid-state electronics. This technology breakthrough not only made sonar more reliable but allowed it to be manufactured at a cost affordable for fisherman, thereby revolutionizing commercial fishing.
Several years later WESMAR invented the dual prop counter-rotating bow thruster and the electronic gyro-powered fin stabilizer systems for pleasure yachts. Today WESMAR continues to innovate, not only in product design and development, but in the implementation of world-class manufacturing, quality management systems, state-of-the-art business information systems, and progressive management that leverages the incredible human capital that exists within the company.
What makes WESMAR Unique?
- Our people! Our strength and our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
- Experience! "He knows the water best who has waded through it" a Danish Proverb. Company experience since 1965 and a committed staff with an average tenure of over fifteen years.
- Integrity! We act with honesty and integrity, we do not compromise the truth!
- We Are Positive! We choose to come to work with a positive attitude!
- Teamwork! We value teamwork. 'Two heads are better than one' 'Many hands make light work.' These are values we live by!
- Excellence! We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- We Innovate! We promote an innovative culture and attitude.
- Quality! In our products and our systems.
- Deep Commitment to the Marine Industry Since 1965.
- Made in the U.S.A!
Company Facility and Capabilities
WESMAR designs and manufactures in a state-of-the-art 40,000 square foot facility near Seattle, WA. The company is vertically integrated with extensive capabilities including in-house CNC machining, welding, molding, powder coating, hydrostatic testing, PCB and electronic assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, and extensive testing capabilities. These capabilities allow WESMAR to control the quality of our products and the reliability of delivery to assure a quality product is delivered on-time every time!
Research and Development
WESMAR invests heavily in research and development, committing an aggressive amount of reinvestment in innovation and product development each year.
- Scanning sonar for commercial fishing
- Trawl catch sonar for net and gear monitoring
- Central hydraulic systems to run a wide range of on board equipment
- Sonar for waterside security and underwater search and recovery
- Hydraulic and electric counter-rotating dual prop bow thrusters
- Digital triple axis gyro controlled fin stabilizer systems